Nothing is better than the taste of freshly baked bread! And you will double your satisfaction if you made it yourself in your favourite brand of electric ovens Adelaide. Here’s an easy recipe for first-time bakers.
First, assemble the following ingredients:
3/4 cup warm water
1 sachet yeast
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
1/2 cup milk
3 cups all-purpose flour
- Mix the flour and water in a large bowl. Slowly add the active dry yeast until dissolved.
- Add the sugar, salt, shortening and milk to the bowl.
- Scraping the flour mixture from the sides of the bowl to the centre, continue mixing until you have a thick and dense consistency.
- Add the rest of the water and continue mixing until the dough is thick.
- Sprinkle flour on a kneading table and transfer the dough to the board. You can add more flour to the mix to make the dough softer and less sticky.
- Cover your hands with flour and start kneading the dough. Just slam, push, bend and roll the dough for about 5 minutes until you get an elastic and flexible dough.
- Spread some butter in a bowl and transfer the dough to this bowl. Turn the dough to put the greased part on the dough.
- Cover the container and place it in a warm area for about an hour. The ideal location should be humid and draft-free. This will improve the taste and texture of the dough and help the yeast to lift its dough.
- After an hour, the dough would have doubled in size. Remove the air from the dough by kneading again for about half a minute.
- At this point, you can now cut and form the dough according to your preferences. You can shape it or add a filling.
- Let the dough rise for another 30 minutes until it has doubled again. This is a critical step because it will give your bread a soft and light texture. Leave it intact and allow it to rise.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread butter on your baking sheet or bread tray to prevent sticking. Gently place the dough in the pan or baking dish. Cut three cuts at the top of the dough.
- Place it in the preheated oven. Remember to gently close the oven door to avoid losing air inside the dough. Bake for about 45 minutes or until cooked through. To find out if it’s done, touch it slightly. This should give a hollow sound, otherwise, put it back in the oven and let it cook for a few more minutes.
- Once the bread has been baked, place it on a shelf or a clean towel and let it cool for about half an hour.
- Enjoy your bread! You can put any leftovers in the freezer.
Go ahead and try your hand at baking. Use your preferred brand of electric ovens Adelaide. You’ll enjoy it so much; you may never have to buy bread ever again!